Loading...
02/06/2018 09 Eastside Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee ReportBUSINESS OF THE CITY COUNCIL YAKIMA, WASHINGTON AGENDA STATEMENT 1 Item No. 9. For Meeting of: February 6, 2018 ITEM TITLE: Eastside Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee report. SUBMITTED BY: Ken Wilkinson, Parks and Recreation Manager 576-6416 Scott Schafer, Director of Public Works SUMMARY EXPLANATION: A swimming pool located on the eastside of Yakima was identified as a top priority of City Council in 2017. During the Study Session in May of 2017 regarding a Community Swimming Pool located on the eastside of Yakima, City Council directed staff to create an Ad Hoc Committee to study the issue in more depth. Three City Council members, three Parks and Recreation Commissioners and three community members served on the committee. The committee met on six occasions and discussed a wide variety of topics and were given presentations to aid in the discussion. A purpose statement and a conceptual design was created to assist with the process. After much discussion, the committee recommends the following two sites be considered for the construction of an eastside community swimming pool when a funding source has been identified: 1. Martin Luther King Jr. Park 2. Speedway property ITEM BUDGETED: No STRATEGIC PRIORITY: Neighborhood and Community Building APPROVED FOR SUBMITTAL: City Manager STAFF RECOMMENDATION: 2 BOARD/COMMITTEE RECOMMENDATION: The Eastside Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee report was presented to the Parks and Recreation Commission on January 10, 2018 and to the Neighborhood Community and Building Committee on January 18, 2018. ATTACHMENTS: Description Upload Date Type O unity Swimming Pool Ad 1/22/2018 Cor Memo unity Swimming Pool Ad committee 1/22/2018 Backup Material Agenda and Meeting notes O Map of population of children under the age of 14 1;22/2018 Backup Material 1/22/2018 Backup Material 1/22/2018 Backup Material O nity Swimming Pool - site overlays 1/22/2018 Backup Material • List of potential locations • Possible swimming pool amenities 0 unity Swimming Pool concept merlay and potential programming munity Swimming Pool site locations and YakimaTransit bus routes 1;22/2018 Backup Material 1/22/2018 Backup Material 3 MEMORANDUM TO: Honorable Mayor Coffey, City Council Members and City Manager, Cliff Moore FROM: Scott Schafer, Director of Public Works Ken Wilkinson, Parks and Recreation Manager DATE: January 22, 2018 RE: Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Report and Recommendation To address a top priority of Yakima City Council, Ken Wilkinson, Parks and Recreation Manager for the City of Yakima, presented information at a study session regarding a public swimming pool on the eastside of Yakima to City Council on May 30, 2017. At the conclusion of the presentation, staff was directed by City Council to create an Ad Hoc Committee to study the issue further and bring back a recommendation to the full Council. Three City Council members volunteered to serve on the committee. The three City Council members were Dulce Gutierrez, Avina Gutierrez and Holly Cousens. In addition to the City Council members, three Parks and Recreation Commissioners also volunteered to serve. Those Parks and Recreation Commissioners were Matt Tweedy, Josette Gonzales and Stacy Hackenmueller. In June of 2017, a press release was sent out asking for community members to apply to serve on the Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee. Seven applications were received. The first meeting of the committee was scheduled for July 17, 2017 and during that meeting the applicants from the community were interviewed by the City Council members and Parks and Recreation Commissioners. After the interviews, the Council members and Parks and Recreation Commissioners selected 3 of the applicants to serve on the committee. Joe Mann, Erika DeLeon, and Alma Rabadan were selected to serve on the committee representing the community. The first meeting was held on July 31, 2017 and during that meeting, a purpose statement for the committee was created. The purpose statement of the Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee is " To create a recommended proposal for City Council to consider regarding a pool in an east Yakima location, funding options, programming, amenities, cost estimates, with maximum opportunities for increased activities for (youth, families & seniors) our community." Additional meetings were held on August 281h, September 251h, October 23rd and November 271h. Agendas and meetings notes are attached. Power Point presentations were given to assist in discussion of the options for a community swimming pool on the eastside of Yakima. Power Point presentations are attached. There were multiple topics for discussion placed on the agenda. Some of these topics included potential locations for a swimming pool, possible swimming pool features, various examples of possible schematic designs for swimming pools that were overlaid on potential site locations, 4 possible swimming programs and classes that could be offered and the possibilities for funding a public swimming pool project. There was great discussion and contribution of ideas and thoughts from the committee. The details of the discussions are identified in the meeting notes from each of the six meetings. In addition to the agenda items discussion, a presentation from a member of the group working to purchase and develop the Yakima Speedway property was given to the committee. At the end of each meeting, those from the general public were given an opportunity to voice their thoughts. A general design was used for aiding in the discussion. The square footage measurements for buildings, deck space and swimming pool from Franklin Park Pool were used in the schematic designs. The pool deck area was 44,000 square feet and the pool surface area of 8,000 square feet was placed within the pool deck square footage. Mechanical building was drawn at 35' x 35' or 1,225 square feet and the pool concessions, restrooms, locker room area and cashier area building was drawn at 50' x 35' or 1,759 square feet. Parking spaces needed were based on the YMC requirements and for a pool deck area of 44,000, it was determined that 160 parking spaces would be needed. There were three location selected for the placement of a swimming pool. They are the Yakima Speedway property, the Mill Site property and Martin Luther King Jr. Park. After much discussion, the Mill Site property was eliminated from the recommendation for a location and the pros and cons of the two remaining locations were identified. Listed below are the identified considerations for each property for your review. Martin Luther King Jr. Park City owns land Positive location Residential area Established neighborhood Close to schools/green space Nearby bus routes Safe to walk Lunch / Breakfast provided at Yakima school Close to other parks Community feel Less expensive to construct parking Yakima Speedway Property + Large size area Growth options Close to Kiwanis / 1-82 Close to bus routes Many apartments & housing Positive neighborhood Existing park Too small Less growth opportunity Parking concerns — on street No park [greenspace] after pool is built Area would be a construction zone 9-18 mo. Construction zone — surrounding development Cost to purchase land Currently a proposed project May take many years to acquire Low visibility Questions about if the neighbors will be supportive 5 After the discussion about location benefits, the committee agreed that both locations had viability, but that future developments needed to be factored into the project as it moves forward. During our meeting on October 23rd, a representative from a group of investors working to purchase the Yakima Speedway property presented an early concept of their plan for developing the property. A possibility to utilize a portion of that property may be an opportunity in the future. A formal request of a land donation at the Yakima Speedway property was considered as a future factor for consideration discussed during a committee meeting. An estimated cost for the construction of the conceptualized swimming pool identified in the Power Point presentation was also discussed and it was determined that in order to identify a realistic estimated cost for construction, a public swimming pool design consultant would need to be hired. A consultant would also be able to provide operational cost estimates. The Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee is to be commended and thanked for giving of their time and sharing their thoughts and ideas regarding exploring the options for creating a new swimming pool in Yakima. The information and recommendations within this report from the Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee as requested by Yakima City Council to address their priorities is submitted for City Council's consideration. 6 City of Yakima Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Regular Meeting 5:00 p.m. Monday, July 17, 2017 City of Yakima City Hall — Second Floor Conference Room 129 North 2"d Street Yakima, WA AGENDA Introductions & Welcome 11. Interviews of Community Members III. Wrap Up IV. Set Date & Time for Future Meeting V. Other Items for Discussion Next Meeting — Monday, August 21, 2017 - 5:00 pm - Tentative City of Yakima City Hall — Second Floor Conference Room 129 North 2nd Street Yakima, WA 7 Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Meeting July 17, 2017 Committee Members Present: Council Members HoIIy Cousins, ANnoGutierrez and DuIce Gutierrez,Park Commissioners Stacy Hackenmueller and Matt Tweedy, Staff Ken Jason Zeller and Jenise Sanders. Others Present: City Manager, Cliff Moore, Director ofPublic Works, Scott Schafer and Community Member, Tony Courcy. Ken welcomed everyone and gave an overview of why this committee has been formed. He advised they will be interviewing 6 of the 7 applicants for the community member seats on the committee. One of the candidates was not available for the interview due to work. The committee members introduced themselves and the interviews began. Each candidate was asked the same six questions: 1. Tell us about yourself. 2. Please tell us why you are interested in serving on this committee. 3. Tell us about your previous experiences serving on committees. 4. Please discuss what you believe is the benefit of public input committees, like the Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee. S. What do you think is challenging about serving on committees? G. What questions do you have for us? After each of the committee members selected their top 3 candidates. The community members seated on the committee were Joe Mann, Erika DeLeon and Alma Rabadan. The committemembers decided the meetings will be held on the 4th Monday of each month for the next four to five months beginning on July 31. The meetings will begin at 5:30 pm. Next meeting will be July 31, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall, 2nd Floor Conference Room. 8 City of Yakima Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Regular Meeting 5:30 p.m. Monday, July 31, 2017 City of Yakima City Hall — Second Floor Conference Room 129 North 2" Street Yakima, WA AGENDA 1. Welcome and Review of Meeting Notes from 7/17/2017 Selection of Committee Chair and Vice Chair III. Keys to Successful Committees IV. Development of Committee Purpose Statement V. Future Topics for Discussion VI. Other Items for Discussion Next Meeting — Monday, August 28, 2017 - 5:30 pm City of Yakima City Hall — Second Floor Conference Room 129 North 2" Street Yakima, WA 9 Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Meeting July 31, 2017 Committee Members Present: Avina GuDulce Gutierrez, Josette Gonzales, Stacy Hackenmueller, Ken Wilkinson, Jason Zeller and Jenise Sanders. Committee Members Absent: Ho/ly Cousens and Matt Tweedy Others Present: City Manager, Cliff Moore, Director of Public Works, Scott Schafer, Park Commissioner Jo Miles and Community Members, Yvette Lippert and Mike Gempler. Ken welcomed everyone and thanked the community members for giving their time to serve on the committee. Ken introduced everyone to each other and advised there are notes from the last meeting for their review. Ken stated the committee needs to select a Chair and Vice Chair. He gave a quick synopsis of what the duties for each are. Joe requested Ken chair the committee. Everyone present agreed. Ken accepted. Avina advised that she woud like to be Vice Chair. Everyone present agreed. Ken began with the Keys to Successful Committees handout. He highighted that the committee needs to be interactive and conversational during the process. Ken advised that it is OK to disagree respectfully to identify the issues and concerns. He stated that the committee needs to figure out what they are working toward. He explained that the meeting notes are good to be able to look back on. Ken asked the committee to state "what we know" and "what we agree" for the purpose statement. What we know: Iocation, Iimited funds, build for community,3 swimming pools were closed in 2005, as well as the restrooms utilized by park users, still have Lions and Franklin pools, City Council wants this committee to make a recommendation, Parks and Recreation survey comments say more outdoor pools, there will be opposition, we have low income families, we have 3O0days ofsun. What we agree: more water is good, focus on increased positive activities for kids/seniors/families, we need to be realistic with vision, drowning is bad — water safety is good, increased quality of life/health/safety/fun, beat the heat, increased positive activities decrease negative activities, pools can be a positive place. Avina stated that she would like to see something along the lines of a business proposal be presented to the City Council. Discussion followed and the committee agreed that at the end of this, a recommendation proposal will be submitted to City Council. Joe asked ifthere were arrangements made future pools or spray toys when the pools were closed in 2005. Ken advised that both Milier and MLK Jr. parks have spray toys that were built in 2007/2008. There was also an aquatic facility being studied back in 2008. The $30,000,000 project stalled due to the economic recession and the neighboring communities of Selah and Union Gap choosing not to partner with the City of Yakima. Ken advised that spray parks have been requested by community members on the west side of Yakima also. Erika stated that she thinks it would be in the City's best interest to build and indoor pool that can be used all year round. Jo Miles reported that the last Parks and Recreation Comprehensive Plan survey was filled with comments that the community really wanted more outdoor water facilities. Avina stated 10 that she does not want this committee to limit the discussion to outdoor water. She would like to discuss an aquatic facility within a community center. Dulce commented that this committee needs to be aware of the fiscal responsibility of the Council. She stated that she would rather this committee submit a recommendation proposal that the Council deems possible than an aquatic center that is out of reach. Jason stated that an "aquatic center" is a much larger facility. He commented that the water park in Moses Lake is actually considered smaller than an "aquatic center". Ken stated that these are all the issues that need to be discussed by the committee throughout this process. Ken began forming the purpose statement using, What we know and What we agree: The purpose of the CSP Ad Hoc Committee is to create a recommended proposal for City Council to consider regarding a pool in an east Yakima location, funding options, programming, amenities, cost est. with maximum opportunities for increased activities for (youth, families & seniors) our community DuIce stated that she felt the pool location needs to be east of 16th Ave. Discussion followed that the location should be east of 1 St. Joe asked if a city the size of Yakima should only have 1 indoor and 1 outdoor pool. Ken and Jason advised that a city our size should have more pools. Joe asked that that information be provided for the committee to review. Dulce suggested that each of the next meetings address and focus on one topic each. Dulce and Avina requested the information from the study session back in May be presented to this committee along with the updated location list they had asked for. Joe also requested a demographic of the City that show where the school aged children live. He wanted to know if there was something showing the usage of the pools before they were closed. Jason and Ken stated the numbers were down due to the age and condition of the pools. Joe commented that it may be determined that we need more than one pool, one on the east side and one on the west side of the Next meeting will be August 28, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall, 2nd Floor Conference Room. 11 City of Yakima Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Regular Meeting 5:30 p.m. Monday, August 28, 2017 City of Yakima City Hall — Second Floor Conference Room 129 North 2nd Street Yakima, WA AGENDA Welcome and Review of Meeting Notes from 7/31/2017 II. Finalization of Committee Purpose Statement III. City Council Study Session — Eastside Pool — Follow Up Questions IV. Locations for Community Swimming Pool Discussion V. Other Items for Discussion VI. Public Comments Next Meeting — Monday, September 25, 2017 - 5:30 pm City of Yakima City Hall — Second Floor Conference Room 129 North 2nd Street Yakima, WA 12 Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Meeting August 28, 2017 Committee Members Present: Ken Wilkinson, Chair, Avina Gutierrez, Vice-Ch'Dulce Gutierrez, Holly Cousens, Stacy Hackenmueller, Matt Tweedy, AknoRabadan Erika Deleon, Joe Mann, Jason Zelier andienise Sanders. Committee Members Absent: Josette Gonzales Qthers Present: CIiff Moore, City Manager, Scott Schafer, Director of Public Works and Yvette Lippert, Community Member. Ken welcomed everyone. The meeting began with a review of the notes from the July 31'meeting. Joe Mann asked that the notes be corrected to reflect his presence. Jenise Sanders stated that the notes will be corrected to add the names of all that were present. Ken advised their packets include an informational sheet on NRPA Standards, a map provided by Tom Sellstad from the City GIS Division, showing the population of children under 14 by City District, a draft of the Purpose Statement, the potential eastside locations from the City Council's Study Session and a map of Gardner Park as a possible Iocation. Ken advised that Vice Chair, Avina Gutierrez will be assisting in running the meetings to help with efficiency. Ken reported that the map of children under the age of 14 by district showed a significantly larger number in Districts 1 & 2. Ken stated that the NRPA Standard for swimming pools is 1 outdoor swimming pool per 20,000 people. By those standards, Yakima should have 5 outdoor swimming pools. Ken began the discussion on the Purpose Statement. Everyone agreed to approve the Purpose Statement as written at the Iast meeting with no further comment. Mission Statement The purpose of the Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee is to create a recommended proposal for City Council to consider regarding a pOOi in an east Yakima Iocation, funding options, programming, amenities, cost estimate with maximum opportunities for increased activities for (youth, families & seniors) our community. Ken provided the potential eastside pool locations from the Study Session Power Point that had been presented to City Council in May. Avina stated it is very important to review for Iocation discussion. It was clarified in the Purpose Statement that the location would be on the east side. Matt Tweedy stated that it was discussed that the location be east of Front Street. Stacy Hackenmueller stated that Lions Park and the 16th Ave. property should be removed from the Iist. It was also suggested that Gardner Park be removed as it is west of Front Street. Ken stated that another option is to look at land that has houses on it, possibly buy and demo the houses. Stacy stated she would prefer not to lose current park space but does like the options of Miller and MLK Jr. Parks as possible locations. Matt commented that not all locations are going to be within waiking distance for everyone. Matt stated that they needed to figure out how much land is needed. Dulce Gutierrez responded by saying that it is a chicken and egg situation"Don't know how much land is needed until they know the size of the facility they want to build, but don't know the size of facility until they know how much land they have. Dulce stated that cost for the facility depends on the amenities. Ken advised that they need to have a starting point. Dulce stated they need to make sure it is feasible. Avina advised that they would need to survey the areas if they were going to try and build on current park space. Stacy reiterated not wanting to lose green space, but they would need to make it accessible. Alma Rabadencommented that the Mill Site 13 property is centrally Iocated on the east side. Erika Deleon stated the Central Pre -Mix property would beagreat location. Avina asked about the Wastewater property. Scott Schafer stated that property is owned by the City and is there for possible expansion of the Wastewater Treatment Plant. Matt voiced his opinion about deciding on amenities and size before trying to figure out a location. Stacy stated the Wastewater property 15 big enough and is already City owned. Avina stated that the Mill Site property has some environmental issues. Matt asked if the owners of the Speedway property are willing to parcel the land off. Avina stated the Speedway property owners are willing to sell off 10-12 acre parcels. She stated she would like to move forward looking at the K4LK]r. Park and Speedway property. Avina requested to move forward with a Pros & Cons list for 2 possible locations. It was discussed that the City can only pay the fair market appraisal value for property. Discussion followed regarding the pool being a place that children and entire families can walk to. Matt commented that most of the proposed properties already have existing infrastructure. Dulce commented that Miller and MLK Jr. Parks previously had outdoor pools. Erika suggested buying the church across from Miller. Dulce stated they could look at closing the alley on the west side of the Washington Fruit Community Center. Avina stated that the previous pools were built in the 60Ys and the population of Yakima has increase greatly since then. Joe Mann asked if the schools that were close to the pools benefitted. Jason Zelier stated that they used to offer swim lessons to school students. Alma commented that there are spray parks at MLK Jr. and Miller Parks. Matt asked what it would take for a pool to make a profit. Ken commented that pools do not make money, but with current designs and amenities they are getting closer to covering their costs. Jason stated it would be location, accessibility to both local and out of town visitors and the amenities that would determine the profitability of the p001. Dulce stated it would not make any money from low income neighborhoods. Matt stated they need to try to provide the best options to be self- sustaining. Holly suggested picking two locations and looking at some amenities that would help the pool break even. Ken advised he will provide some map overlays of the properties. He stated there are some requirements about parking spaces and access. Matt stated the p001 needs to be designed to be the most successful. Avina stated she had been discussing the Speedway property with the realtor and they talked about 4 parcels totaling approximately 14 acres, assessed at just over $600,000. Ken stated the appraisal for the entire 40 acre property was done a couple of years ago and came back at $4.7 million. Joe commented that the owner of the Speedway also owns the ice rink. HoIIy stated she would like to see overlay on MLK Jr. Park and the Speedway property. Alma asked what the issues are with the Mill Site property. Cliff Moore stated it is not owned by the city, there are about 28 acres that were used as a municipal landfill and the City is responsible for the clean-up of that. There is work in progress on the roadways and utilities. The property is owned by 2 different groups. The clean-up was originally estimated at $25-30 million. They have found that it is less contaminated than originally thought and may becloser to$1O'13million. Matt asked ifthey would parcel offa piece of the propertythat is not contaminated. Avina commented that the timeframe is longer than she would like to see for getting the pool built. Joe asked what the timeframe is for the east -west corridor being constructed. Cliff advised about 5 years. Dulce commented that the owners ofthe Mill Site are not motivated seliers. Ken advised the owners of the Speedway are a Iittle more motivated. Matt suggested asking the owners of the Speedway to donate a portion for naming rights. Ken stated the Mill Site is a good location and will add it to the properties he is doing the map overlays on. Discussion followed about putting the overlay on the NW corner of the Mill Site property. Joe suggested the parcel near the trampoline park. Discussion followed that that is the area where the Iandfill was. Avina stated we will be looking at 3 options with map overlays at the next meeting; Mill Site, MLK Jr Park and the Speedway. Ken stated they need to get the list of amenities started. Discussion followed regarding amenities and programming going hand in hand. Next meeting will be September 25, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall, 2nd 14 City of Yakima Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Regular Meeting 5:30 p.m. Monday, September 25, 2017 City of Yakima Council Chambers 129 North 2"d Street Yakima, WA The purpose of the Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee is to create a recommended proposal for City Council to consider regarding a pool in an east Yakima location, funding options, programming, amenities, cost estimates, with maximum opportunities for increased activities for (youth, families & seniors) our community AGENDA Welcome and Review of Meeting Notes from 8/28/2017 II. Swimming Pool Schematic Overlay — MLK Jr. Park, Mill Site & Speedway III. Community Swimming Pool Features Discussion TV. Other Items for Discussion VI. Public Comments Next Meeting — Monday, October 23, 2017 - 5:30 pm City of Yakima City Hall — Second Floor Conference Room 129 North 2nd Street Y. I a, WA 15 Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Meeting September 25, 2017 Committee Members Present: Ken Wilkinson, Chair, AmnoGutierrez, Vice -Chair, Dulce Gutierrez, Holly Cousens, Josette Gonzales, Matt Tweedy, Stacy Hackenmueller, Alma Rabadan, Erika Deleon, Joe Mannand Jason Zeller . Committee Members Absent: Jenise Sanders Others Present: C!iff Moore, City Manager, Scott Schafer, Director ofPublic Works and Diondra Brown, Public Works Office Assistant Ken welcomed everyone. The meeting began with a brief review from Avina Gutierrez of the last meeting. Ken stated that this meeting will be about perspective- what does a pool site look like at Martin Luther King Jr. Park, Cascade Mill Siteand the ¥akima Speedway. Ken stated he likes to reference Franklin Park's outdoor pool facility. Ken showed the committee a slide of an aerial of Franklin Pool. Ken stated the square footage of the site, pool building, and water surface area. He also told the group that to have adequate parking; the industry standard is one parking space per 50 square feet of surface water. Ken said that at Franklin, there are 137 parking spaces and the overflow parking provided at Franklin Middle School increases it to 197 spaces. Holly asked if the City pays for overflow parking. Ken said that they do not. The City has a joint use agreement with the Yakima School District to use their parking lots when school is not in session. The agreement also permits the School District to use the City's lots when they need extra parking. Ken stated that there is the same agreement in place for West Valley Junior High. Ken moved onto the next slide of an aerial map of Martin Luther King, Jr. Park, which is 4 acres. The aerial photo was overlapped with an example of an adequate pool site that includes the pool, restrooms, concessions and a maintenance mechanical room. Ken sectioned off the northeast corner for a parking lot and stated that there could be additional on street parking along the east, south and west side of the park. Ken also stated that a rule for parking lots is that in addition to the parking stall, 300 square feet of space to back up is required. Stacy inquired about the capacity of Franklin, to which Jason answered 500 people. Jason elaborated that the capacity is not only the pool itself, but does include the deck space allowing the capacity to be larger. Jason stated that the overlay Ken provided would be a maximum capacity of 700 people. Ken continued with the slide of the Yakima Speedway which consists of 13.9 acres. Ken stated what he likes best about this site is the access to it. There are access points at E. Race St., E. Alder St., E. Adams St. and S. 15th Avenue. HolIy asked about the extra acreage and if it could be used for extra amenities. Ken replied that it could be used for amenities, green space, and a park or pool expansion in the future. Dulce asked if this location is visible from Interstate 1-82. Matt replied at the moment is it, but it may not always be visible due to future development. The last location is the northwest corner of the Mill Site which is 14 acres in size. Access to this site is limited to N. 4th Street and N. R Street. Ken stated that the City would have to taik to the owners of the Mill Site to see if this section would be for sale. Dulce asked Ken if the Mill Site owners have been contacted by the City and who determined this section of the property. Ken replied that he has not contacted the Mill Site owners but he would be happy to do that. The Northwest corner of the property was what was discussed at the last Community Pool Ad Hoc Committee meeting. Discussion continued regarding the amenities that committee members would like to see. Avina stated that each site has the ability to have different amenities due to their size. Dulce stated that the Speedway and MLK Park would be the best options for discussion. Avina asked about the timeline on the Mill Site and when it could possibly be developed. Ken said that was unknown. Matt asked ifthere was a bus route near Pacific for the Speedway. Ken confirmed that there is. Matt stated that it Iooks like the City would need a minimum of 10 acres. Ken stated that the aquatic industry would agree with that 16 minimum. Discussion continued about the SpeedwayAvina stated she would like to move forward with it. Holly agreed and said that it would get children active on both sides of the City. Avina also added that there would be opportunity for future expansion and growth at the site. Stacy agreed as it adds substantial green space to the east side. Discussion continued about the sites and whether or not they are available. Matt asked about the budget for the aquatic center and mentioned that they need to know the budget to adequately discuss the amenities and location. Avina stated that there is no funding source and that Council needs to discuss finding one. Matt stated why move forward in discussion of an aquatic center if there is no budget. DuIce stated that she does not expect the committee to eliminate one of the sites. She thought all three would move forward. Discussion continued about the sites and what they have to offer. Ken suggested ranking the sites. Alma stated that she would hate to have MLK Jr. Park go away. The neighborhood uses that green space often. Ken started the discussion on amenities for the aquatic center. Ken mentioned popular features such as zero depth (which is easy to maintain, heat and cool), playability of water playgrounds, waterslides and lazy rivers. Dulce commented that those amenities are for water parks and this committee is here to discuss a community pool. Stacy asked what is more popular- water playgrounds or water play areas. Ken stated the playgrounds are more popular. He also stated that shade and picnic areas are important and concessions are a great source of revenue. Ken advised that another revenue source would be locker facilities outside the restrooms. Ken also mentioned splash n' spray zones and sunbathing deck areas. Jason added that he has found that the deep end of the pool is often not being utilized and that many pooI patrons are there to sunbath, especially parents of children there to swim. Dulce asked if anyone in the committee swam at Miller pool. A few members said yes. She said that there were not a lot of parents there with their kids and not much Iawn space. She feels as though the deck space 15 not important. Matt stated that the design should not be centered on younger children. Teenagers need a place to go and the aquatic center needs to appeal 10 that age group as well. Josette stated that since spray parks seem to be popular and MLK Jr. Park already has a spray park, it would be a good idea to build the p001 beside it. Discussion followed. Through the committees discussion the following amenities were identified as 'wants'in the aquatic center. Concessions - Zero depth - Shade area - Spray area - Little deep area of 3.5 — 4ft. - A slide Parking - Deck area Lockers ondeck Dulce stated that she expects a concept layout for MLK Jr. Park at the next meeting. Avina stated she would like to have the same for the Yakima Speedway. Ken asked if the committee would like for him to contact the Cascade Mill property owners to see if they are willing to sell a portion of the property. Matt stated why not. Alma stated she would like to see a lazy river be one of the amenities. Holly agreed and asked to put the size and cost of the river in the layout. Stacy asked if the next meeting would go over funding sources to which Dulce stated the next meeting would about programming. The next meeting will also solidify the amenities that the committee would like to see. The meeting ended at 6:52pm. 17 City of Yakima Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Regular Meeting 5:30 p.m. Monday, October 23, 2017 City of Yakima City Hall — Second Floor Conference Room 129 North 2nd Street Yakima, WA The purpose of the Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee is to create a recommended proposal for City Council to consider regarding a pool in an east Yakima location, funding options, programming, amenities, cost estimates, with maximum opportunities for increased activities for (youth, families & seniors) our community AGENDA 1. Welcome and Review of Meeting Notes from September 25, 2017 11. Yakima Speedway Developers Presentation — Preliminary Development Plans III. Swimming Pool Schematic Overlay — MLK Jr. Park, Mill Site & Speedway IV. Community Swimming Pool Program Possibilities V. Other Items for Discussion VI. Public Comments Next Meeting — Monday, November 27, 2017 - 5:30 pm City of Yakima City Hall — Second Floor Conference Room 129 North 2nd Street Yakima, WA 18 Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Meeting October 23, 2017 Committee Members Present: Ken Wilkinson, Chair, Dulce GuMatt Tweedy, Stacy Hac6en/nue0erAlma Rabadan Erika Deleon, Joe Mann, Jason Zelier, Jenise Sanders. Committee Members Absent: Avina GuV7ce-Cha/r,Holly Cousensand }msetbpGonzales. Others Present: Scott Schafer, Director of Public Works, Jo Miles and Leanne Liddicoat Ken welcomed everyone. He advised that he just received an email from Avina stating that she will not be able to attend the meeting. Ken confirmed that everyone received the email about this meeting with the agenda and notes from the Iast meeting. Ken stated that Diondra had taken the notes at the Iast meeting in Jenise's absence. The group agreed that no changes needed to be made to the notes from the September meeting. The meeting began by Ken reporting that he received an email from Leanne Liddicoat a couple of weeks ago regarding the investment group she is representing purchasing the Yakima Speedway property. Ken introduced Leanne to speak with the committee. Leanne presented a map of the property and advised that the development group she is a part of has made an offer to purchase the Speedway property and that it has been accepted by the owners. They are looking to close around the first of the year. She advised they are looking at using the property for mixed use, offices, retail, housing; apartments or Iofts, and possibly a hotel. They are also looking at combining an NHL quality ice rink and a swimming p001. Leanne stated that they were aware of this committee and thought it could be a good idea for the two groups to work together on the swimming p001 portion of the project. She stated it would be a private structure with public access, they are not asking for money from the City. Joe Mann asked ifthe p001 is going to be year round. Leanne said they are looking at making it a permanent indoor pool with large garage doors that can be opened during the summer months. Joe asked about the hockey Ieague. Leanne stated they would like to replace the ice arena with one that has a larger rink and a connection to the pool with shared locker rooms. Discussion followed about the swimming pool being closer to the freeway side of the property near the ice arena and possibly adding some green space also. Ken asked Leanne if she had an example of the kind of p001 they are looking at building. Leanne stated that the group working on the ice arena has been doing some research, but nothing to show yet. Discussion followed about the Iocation being near the Kiwanis/Gateway Complex and being visible from the freeway. Stacy asked what the group's mission or goal is for the property. Leanne advised that there are not many locations like this property where they can start from scratch. They are looking at retail, restaurants, housing, recreation and office space. She also commented that they could attract visitors passing through. Stacy asked what type of demographics they will be targeting with the apartments. Leanne stated everyone from retirees that are downsizing to families with small children. Matt asked what the timeline 15 for their project. Leanne said they are looking to begin construction in 2019. Matt asked if they have any anchor tenants. She stated they do have some larger tenants, just not releasing that information yet. Matt commented that there will no Ionger be any racing at the speedway. Leanne confirmed that. Matt asked ifthe ice rink still has tenants and if it is part of the property or if it is separate. She advised that the current ice rink does still have tenants and it is part of the 46 acres they are purchasing. Matt asked what they are looking at charging the public to swim at the p001. Leanne reported that they are still working on that but have discussed if it is part of the hotel, they could charge a resort fee or they may charge it as part of the apartment fees. Matt asked ifthey are looking at going with just a straight p001 design. Leanne advised they are thinking more along the lines of a lazy river, splash pad and play events. Matt asked if they would consider selling of parcel of the property. She stated they may be willing to do that. Joe confirmed that it is zoned for business not industrial. Joe asked if the jail property across the street has any influence on the project. Leanne stated not in the current use. She commented that their project 19 should benefit the neighborhood. Erika asked how they intend it to be for public use. Leanne said they are discussing possibly a public swim time. Stacy stated she wants to make sure the surrounding area has input. Leanne stated that they are still in the exploration phase. Ken stated that one of the tasks from the last meeting was to create the overlay maps ofthe p001 design for each of the three identified sites. He began the PowerPoint presentation. He advised he had met with Avina after the Iast meeting to go over some concepts. They discussed zero depth entry, water playgrounds and spray grounds, umbrellas, deck chairs, mechanical room, office, cashier and restroom. Discussion followed regarding the number of lifeguards needed for different areas of the pool. Jason stated the zero depth helps minimize the number of guards needed and the design and layout of the image Ken is presenting shows no blind spots. Jason stated each body of water would need 2 guards. The square footage of this is similar to Franklin. Ken commented that less staff saves money. Jason added that this design would have two separate filtration systems, which is good if there were to be an accident, you would only need to shut down one side. Ken informed the committee that a consultant is needed to really design the p001. Stacy asked if having two filtration systems is more expensive. Ken advised it is more costly initiaIIy but is also more efficient. Ken continued with the amenity options. He presented the new runout style slide that is more efficient by not using a lot of water and less guards would be needed. Matt asked if a slide like that would be run with the pool or on its own. Jason stated it could together with the pool or on its own filtration system. Discussion followed regarding the number of buildings needed for the filtration systems. Ken advised that the Iess amount of pipe under the ground the better. Discussion regarding the number of parking spaces needed and whether MLK Jr. Park would be able to accommodate the parking needed. It was discussed that much of the green space would be taken up with either the pool or the parking and there is some street parking available. Ken advised that parking would most likely take much if not all of the current tennis and basketball courts. Ken advised he was able to contact one of the owners of the Mill Site property. He stated that they would be willing to sell off a portion of the property and Ken made sure they were aware that the City is only able to pay Fair Market Value for the property. He said the current fair market value is $3.50 $4.00 per sq. ft. which means the 14 acre section we would be looking at could cost about $2,134,000 - $2,439,000. Discussion followed regarding not needing the entire 14 acres or the possibility of additional parking and expansion in the future. Matt asked where the access would be for that Iocation. Ken advised access would be off of N. 15t St. onto "R" St. then to 4th St. Stacy commented that the City needs more than one pool so it would be great if the development group builds theirs at the Speedway property and then the City could build one at one of the other two locations. Joe stated that buliding the City pool at the Mill Site property leaves more green space. Stacy agreed and stated there could be more deck space with the Iarger property also. Matt asked about the environmental concerns. Scott Schafer stated that the old landfill was on the southeast section of the property. The piece of property we are looking at is on the northwest section. Ken stated that the Speedway property has an assessed value of $610,000. There are road improvements that will need to be done. Dulce stated that there will be additional costs for infrastructure. Race Street is the only one in that area that has sidewalks on both sides. Joe asked if there is a bus route that runs on "R" Street by the Mill Site property. Dulce said she did not think so. Ken stated we will need to check on that. Ken continued the PowerPoint presentation with the Programming options. He explained that for exercising, the water should not be too deep. The zero depth entry pools are also good for swim lessons. There would be no diving or competitive swimming. Jason reiterated that the focus would be on water safety. Ken stated that the pools would be available for rentals. The charge for rentals is usually about what it costs to staff it. Stacy asked if one ofthe pools could be open to the public if a 20 rental was going on in the other. Jason stated that is tough to monitor. Matt commented that he felt this design may be catering to younger kids too much and that we may need something more for the older kids. Erika stated that she has been to Franklin many times when the deep end is not even being utilized; the older kids are enjoying the shallow end and the slide. AIma agreed that even the older kids will enjoy the Iazy river and the p001 toys. Jason stated that the Wave Pools and Lazy Rivers are very popular, but the Lazy Rivers do require a large amount of water and the Wave Pools are a little scary to guard. Dulce asked what would need to be discussed at the next meetingfunding? Ken stated that there really are only a couple of possible sources for funding. Dulce suggested that the time might be better spent on working on the solidified decision to present to the Council. Matt asked how the committee actually picks one when there are still so many variables. Dulce stated that Council would then direct staif to do further exploration. Discussion followed. Stacy commented that she feels that this committee should strengthen the proposal to one site and since the Speedway property is already being developed with a pool, we should propose the pool on the Northeast side of Yakima at the Mill Site. Dulce advised that there are things that need to be considered ifthe Mill Site is proposed. The considerations will need to be made by the Council. Matt wanted to know what Council asked for. Ken stated that they wanted this committee to study the issues. Stacy stated she is worried that it could cause a possible delay if the recommendation is more than one Iocation. Matt commented that he 15 unable to decide with so many unknowns. Dulce replied there were many unknowns for the YMCA project also. Discussion followed. Joe asked about the usage of the basketball and tennis courts at MLK Jr. Park. Ken stated that the school does use the basketball court for P.E. classes. Dulce suggested ranking the sites at the next meeting and see where things stand. Ken added that the committee can look at the Pros and Cons variables and formulate a final recommendation. Ken stated that the option of donations from Iandowners has not been explored. Discussion followed regarding the cost and need for hiring a p001 consultant. Stacy reiterated pursuing a feasibility study and bringing forward one site. Discussion followed regarding this being an Ad Hoc Committee and not being here after the recommendation is taken to City Council. Dulce commented that this committee may be split on which site to recommend or may all agree on one. Ken stated we will show the evolution of the committee and share notes and agendas with the Council. He continued that we could Iist some options for funding. Joe asked Leanne if they would be willing to sell off a partial piece of the Speedway property. Leanne said yes. Discussion regarding the importance of making sure that the public would feel comfortable ended the meeting. The meeting ended at 6:55pm. 21 City of Yakima Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Regular Meeting 5:30 p.m. Monday, November 27, 2017 City of Yakima City Hall — Second Floor Conference Room 129 North 2nd Street Yakima, WA The purpose of the Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee is to create a recommended proposal for City Council to consider regarding a pool in an east Yakima location, funding options, programming, amenities, cost estimates, with maximum opportunities for increased activities for (youth, families & seniors) our community AGENDA 1. Welcome and Review of Meeting Notes from October 23, 2017 II. Funding Options A. General Fund B. Metropolitan Park District C. General Obligation Bond — requires a Vote of the People D. Donations & Grants 111. Yakima Transit Bus Routes IV. Site Selection Ranking V. Recap & Recommendation to City Council Discussion VI. Public Comments 22 Community Swimming Pool Ad Hoc Committee Meeting November 27, 2017 Committee Members Present: Ken Wilkinson, Chair, DuIce Gutierrez, Matt Tweedy, Stacy Hackenmueller, Josette Gonzales, Joe Mann, Jason Zeller, Jenise Sanders. Committee Members Absent: Avina Gutierrez, Vice -Chair, Holly Cousens, Alma Rabadan and Erika Deleon. Others Present: [1ifFMoore, City Manager, Scott Schafer, Director of Public Works and Jo Miles Ken welcomeeveryone. He stated this is the Iast scheduled meeting for this committee. He askeif there were any comments or corrections for the notes from the last meeting. There were none. Ken advised that the funding options are not for this committee to decide, but wanted to inform the committee about the options. That will be the responsibility of the City Council and City staff. Ken gave them a brief description of the possible funding options; General Fund — major City fund for Parks, Police and Fire, Metropolitan Park District — Parks would be its own entity with its own tax revenue and either appointed or elected commissioners. Ken advised that our new Finance Director, Danny Agsalog, has been tasked with investigating implementing a Metropolitan Park District. There was a study session on it back in 2012, but some laws have changed since then. The idea of a Metropolitan Park District would go before the voters by either the City Council resolution or a petition. Ken stated that there are a couple of Park Districts within Washington. He commented that City staff will request a meeting with the County to discuss it. Cliff Moore, City Manager, introduced himself to the Committee and stated he would like to speak about the funding possibilities. He advised that the General Fund capacity is not available. He discussed that the reserve fund balance by the end of 2018 is projected to be $8.5 million with the help of two new revenue sources; $20 car tab and utility tax cap increase. He commented that the City is hoping to replenish the General Fund Reserves to $13 million or more. Cliff explained more about the Metropolitan Park District and how it is a separate tax district. He stated it can be just within the city Iimits or can include some or all of the county. The revenue for the Park District would come from the property tax of $.50 or $.75 per thousand dollars assessed value. CIiff also advised of the third option; General Obligation Bond, sales tax increase which would need to go to a vote of the people. Cliff voiced his concerns that there is not a lot of flexibility for bonding for this project. He stated there will be some debt paid off around 2020 or 2021 that could allow for a project at that time. Discussion followed regarding the Metropolitan Park District. Joe Mann asked what the comparison of funds would be if it were just the city Iimits or included the county. CIiff advised that there is still a lot of research that needs to be done. Stacy Hackenmueller asked if the District would be formed just for this project or if it would change the entire way the parks are now. CIiff advised that it could be either way. Discussion followed regarding the budget that Parks has now and where that comes from. Ken advised that the Parks budget is currently $5.6 million per year and comes out of the General Fund. Joe asked if that amount stays consistent from year to year. Ken stated there were some cuts made in recent years. Ken stated that city bus routes had been brought up at the Iast meeting. He advised he got some information and bus books from the Transit Division and was able to find the available bus service for each potential Iocation. Ken presented a PowerPoint showing the bus service that is provided near each of the three Iocations that the committee previously selected. Discussion followed regarding the current bus service and that it could possibly change if and when a new facility is built to accommodate the community. 23 Ken requested that they proceed to ranking the site selections. He stated they can review each site and give their input on the benefits and concerns for each site. These rankings can be presented to the City Council along with the Committee's recommendation. MLKJr Park + own land +|ocation residential est. neighborhood close to schools/green space bus routes safe to waik lunch / breakfast close to other parks community fee less $ parking Mill Site Property + E/W road large size many options Barge Lincoln school no competition (yet) for land Speedway Property + Large size growth options close to Kiwanis / 1-82 close to bus route a lot of apts/housing + neighborhood existing park too small less growth opportunity parking no park construction zone 9-18 mo. construction zone commercial area not a "strong neighborhood" many years to acquire environmental issues away from City Center construction zone cost proposed project many years to acquire low visibility ? neighbors Much discussion was held during the listing of the positives and negatives of each proposed site. Joe Mann commented that all three sites have pitfalls. He stated that they should look outside the box Milier Park expansion. He stated that it might improve the neighborhood and strengthen it with the help of ¥PAL. He suggested possibly buying the block to the west of the park. Matt asked if it would possible to pull 5 acres out of the neighborhood. Joe stated that with what it would cost to purchase the Speedway or Mill Site property, the City could probably purchase a couple of neighborhoods. It was determined that a city biock is approximately 2 — 2.5 acres. Ken commented that they would have to keep in mind that some of the neighbors may not want to sell for Fair Market Value (what the city is required to pay). Discussion followed about the time frame of this project. Dulce stated the Milier Park is the only park, green space in that area. Matt stated that is why they would be looking at purchasing 24 more property in that neighborhood 50 they could keep the green space. Ken commented that MLK Jr. Park has the cul -d -sac to the west of the park and the same could be done there. Joe stated buliding could begin at MLK and the City could slowly buy the surrounding property. Matt said that they would first need to decide if they are looking at building an aquatic center or a neighborhood pool. Many of the things discussed including parking will depend on whether they are looking a building an aquatic center or a neighborhood pooI. Ken asked the committee, if they had to vote, which would be their l choice and which would be their 2nd Ofthe five committee members present, three stated the Speedway was their 1st choice and MLK Jr. Park was their 2". The remaining two stated MLK Jr. Park was their 15t and the Speedway was their 2nd Everyone agreed that the Mill Site property could be removed from the recommendation. Discussion continued on whether they were looking at an aquatic center or a community pooI. Dulce stated that her understanding was that the City would be fulfilling a promise to build a community pool on the east side after the two were closed years ago. Stacy commented that if the investment group is already building a pool at the Speedway property, the city building a p001 at MLK Jr. Park may be to close in proximity. Discussion followed regarding whether the p001 being bulit by the investment group would be a public facility or not. Dulce stated that she felt like the YMCA that is being built at Chesterley Park is more of an aquatic center and would draw the out of town visitors, leaving the need for a community p00I on the east side. Everyone agreed to send both locations; MLKJr. Park and the Speedway propertyas possible options in the recommendation to City Council. Cliff clarified that the money that is being spent to pay back bonds that were used for the purchase of the police cars years ago will be done in 3 or 4 years. He also stated that those police cars will need be replaced and they are trying to stagger purchasing them, so they do not all get purchased at one time again. CIiff commented that the City needs to be cautious about debt reserves. Discussion followed regarding funding options; RCO grants, donations, and bonding. Ken advised that he 15 of the understanding that this committee is suggesting that 2 sites will be taken forward. The report will share with City Council some of the deliberations and concerns from this committee. A comment was made about the possible donation from the Mill Site property owners and how that might change the recommendation. Cliffadvised that the City has already asked the owners for a donation for the road bed in connection with the East / West Corridor that is planned. Jo Miles commented that the YMCA has a commitment that has to be met by December 31st and if that is not met, that project may not continue. He stated that if that were the case, there would be money that had been allocated for that project from Parks Capital and the General Fund, that could possibly go toward an east side p001. Discussion followed. Ken stated this is the last meeting. He advised that staff will compile the information from these Ad Hoc Committee meetings and create the report. He said the report will then be shared with this Committee and the Parks and Recreation Commission. The final presentation will be to the City Council. The meeting ended at 6:45pm. Children Under 14 Population by City District 'I 1 .1Adire.. .... JOIf . CI 2 ,388.08 f{rr{,rt zr. { - �r..� w r b E H D L L! 2,703.00 I.i',! rru 4 Tick Ai- TANuM VALLEY klr 4 rit' i _ - fr��frltil _ _-- .•Iley - c{ ;lall _ _ 134N -beim. Creek r- [.I1'1 i • fi • , 2y--- 4f4 Teri a4. Heig..h 10/1 i4 kin C C 11111 cvIu City of Yakima, Bureau of La 26 POTENT AL EASTS DE LOCAT ONS Miller Park— 3.96 acres owned by City of Yakima Martin Luther King Jr. Park 4.01 Acres owned by City of Yakima Lions Park — 3.39 Acres — owned by the City of Yakima Yakima Speedway property 40 + Acres — currently for sale North 16th Avenue — 8.95 Acres currently for sale Mill Site property 200 + Acres — Potentially for sale Central Pre -Mix property 28 Acres — Potentially for sale Waste Water property - 24 Acres — owned by City of Yakima 1/22/2018 27 Possible Swimming Pool Amenities 28 1/22/2018 2 29 1/22/2018 3 30 1/22/2018 4 31 LOCKER FACILITIES 1/22/2018 5 32 WATER SLIDES 1/22/2018 6 1/22/2018 33 Community Swimming Pool Site Overlays September 25, 2017 1'46.. 34 Franklin Park Franklin Par Pool Deck area 28,000 square feet Swimming Pool, 8,000 square feet Restrooms, lockers, Cashier, Concessions, Mechanical 5,956 square feet 1 1/22/2018 2 35 Martin Luther King Jr. Park 4 Acres 1/22/2018 3 36 1/22/2018 4 37 Yakima Speedway Property -..1 r i E.7 yl 611 E. Alder Street Re strooms, Lockers Cashier E. Ada ms Street 14 Acres Assessed Value 5610,000 1/22/2018 5 38 1 AO 1 'II -1-1 .-I'll. '•ft.,1 P.1 itli %a - 2 91•7.1 im s • 111.1111 . 'El ill' r --1- 4 'Ild . . AP IC ....:S:rw - Vike kW, 1/22/2018 6 39 1/22/2018 7 40 Community Swimming Pool Committee October 23, 2017 5:30 pm Second Floor Conference Room Swimming Pool Concept Overlay Potential Programming Deck Chairs 00000000 Water Playground 0 00 00 0000 0 Water Sprays Water Toys Zero Depth Pools 0000000 Concessions Cashier, Restrooms, Office Shade Umbrellas 2 1/22/2018 1 41 1111110,1091 Zero Depth Pool Entry 1/22/2018 2 42 Pool Deck Chairs 1/22/2018 3 43 1/22/2018 4 44 Swimming Pool Mechanical'` 1/22/2018 5 45 1/22/2018 6 46 Martin Luther King Jr. Pa 1/22/2018 7 47 1/22/2018 8 48 1/22/2018 9 49 1/22/2018 10 50 1/22/2018 11 51 Community Swimming Pool Committee November 27, 2017 5:30 pm Second Floor Conference Room Swimming Pool Site Bus Routes Deck Chairs 00000000 Water Playground lit as 0 00 00 0000 0 Water Sprays & Water Toys Zero Depth Pools 0000000 Concessions Cashier, Restrooms, Office Shade Umbrellas 2 1/22/2018 1 52 1/22/2018 2 53 1/22/2018 3 54 Water Slide E. R ace Street J E. Alder Stree Re strooms, Lockers Cashie r Lazy River 15,000 square feet . Adams Street 14 Acres Assessed Value $610,000 Concessions 50' X 35' Me chanical 35' X 35' Yakima Speedway Prop 1/22/2018 4 55 1/22/2018 5